[modeleng] Re: Injectors

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:00:13 -0600

At 12:44 AM 3/19/05 +0800, you wrote:
>So please choose you brand carefully, - Phill

Phill (Barry, et al),
      That's why I asked.  Folks in the US small scale community asks me
about the advisability of using injectors often enough now so that I feel I
need to be a little better informed.  For most inquirers the anwswer is
"don't bother," but as builders (or buyers) drift toward larger projects
(7/8" scale for 2ft/ga for instance) the use of an injector is not entirely
out of the question, although it would be more of a novelty than a genuine
need.  I know all the potential pitfalls of miniature injectors, and how to
install and run them, but when someone asks "What should I buy where do I
get one?", I now normally don't provide an answer but I would like to be
able to.
       I of course know where to get them, but I'd rather say "I don't
know" than to send them off on their own with instructions that I can't be
certain will have a very high probability of succeeding.  The basis of that
is knowing the injectors and their source are relatively reliable.
      Fyne Fort Fittings, for instance, makes a very small one (of which I
have one or two), but I've not installed one, and even so if they perform
anything like the FFF small scale safety valves they're not worth the the
paint they're coated with.  Aside from that I hear that delivery from FFF,
at least to US stockists, is even more abysmal than it once was.  Having
once been one of their stockist I can attest to that.

Regards,
Harry