[modeleng] Re: Injectors

  • From: "Phill Smith" <steam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:02:50 +0800

Andy,

I seriously dobt that your check valve had the correct amount of lift, full
stop, regardless of what was trying to put liquid through it. The difference
with pumps is that it will raise the pressure (sometimes over 500 psi in
very poorly designed check valves) to SQUEEZE it through the available gap,
where as an injector can't do that.
For the pump to HAVE to raise the pressure so high, means that it is doing 5
times more work than it should be. This also means that it is taking 5 times
more power from the cylinders as well......

Cheers,

Phill.