[modeleng] Re: Injectors

  • From: "Andy A" <AndyA@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:34:31 -0000

Hi All
I buy my injectors from Bruce Engineering. Dont buy the cheaper jubilee
range get the more expensive JC or Chiverton Injectors. Gordon Chiverton
tests his injectors before delivery to ensure they work but only makes about
10 per week. With his injectors it dosent mater if you turn the steam or
water on first they pick up each time. At the first sign of them misbehaving
a quick dunk in kettle descaler sorts the problem. Both the injectors on my
Nigel Gresley have done a seasons running without any problems at all.
From what I have been told when Cashmore tried to sell his business he was
only offering the jigs and machines not the important knowledge of how to
make them, as a result it didnt sell. Reeves then decided to try and capture
the market by buying up all his remaning fittings, these were sent to S.
Africa where they have basically been copied and improved and now form the
International Range. I doubt if there is any connection between the Fyne
Fort International range and that of Reeves. Reeves used to only stock
something if they had exclusive rights to it.
I think the item that causes the biggest problem for injectors are the clack
valves. The balls should have a diffrent lift for either pump or injector
and all the comercally available ones have the same lift.

Andy