[modeleng] Re: Disability Discrimination Act

  • From: "Bob Logan" <boblogan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 21:07:02 +1300

Hello Ron, and All,
I have been pushing a boiled pea, up hill with a pointed stick, as far as
Miniature Railways, and wheel chair disabled persons is concerned.
I have been plumping for 10¼" or 12¼" gauge Narrow Gauge carriages, for
these unfortunate People.
Like knocking my head on an anvil, and trying to hear the anvil ring.
Why can't these larger railways come under the auspices of the Model
Engineering Fraternity?
The machining and building are virtually the same, only disadvantage, you
can't take it home in the trunk or trailer.   In Ozz, a number of clubs have
machine shops, to build Locos and Carriages, in 7¼" and 5" gauges. And a
couple of clubs in New Zealand do, also.     Why not a larger gauge?

Bob L.  NZ.