Re: Funding LuaJIT 2.1 and beyond

  • From: demetri <demetri.spanos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:08:34 -0700

This is not exactly a proposal, but I think Mike might be underestimating
the crowd-funding or pooled-corporate-funding idea.

I would certainly participate, and I'm sure there are 100 companies in the
world who value Mike working on the GC at NPV >$1k USD.  I'm sure there are
also at least 10 for whom that number is $10k USD.

I have some limited experience in this space and would be happy to help. I
have tentatively created a web survey form and with Mike's blessing would
circulate it to the list (I don't want to steal his thunder if he is
planning his own research effort).