Re: Funding LuaJIT 2.1 and beyond

  • From: Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 20:18:56 -0400

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Mike Pall <mike-1206@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is a follow-up to the call for sponsors in the LuaJIT Roadmap
> 2012/2013:
>
> Any and all ideas for the continued funding of LuaJIT, and in
> particular the initial funding for the work on LuaJIT 2.1, are
> welcome!
>
> Corporate sponsor pools, options for crowd funding, whatever ...
> please discuss your ideas here (and not in a reply to the roadmap
> posting). Thank you!

As an individual I  can contribute several hundred of USD. I think
there are quite few folks here which can do the same.
That said, success of a crowd-sourcing effort greatly depends on the
size of the crowd.
I think the following will help to raise LuaJIT statue and awareness:
  (1) Getting LuaJIT-2.0 release out of the door
  (2) Getting LuaJIT back into language shootout contest (Ruby has two
entries, why not Lua)

--Leo--