Re: Funding LuaJIT 2.1 and beyond

  • From: "Kevin T. Ryan" <kevin.t.ryan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 09:59:16 -0400

> Then we get back to the original problem: collecting funds from
> individuals is very problematic (at least here in Germany).

Is it possible to collect money from individuals in exchange for
something?  E.g., rather than need to go the kickstarter route or get
something via paypal, what about just running your own "kickstarter"
so to speak, but various levels of donation get something in exchange
(like a sale of services or goods rather than a donation - e.g., the
roller coaster idea mentioned)?  It wouldn't have the benefit of being
on a "brand name" platform so to speak, but I'm not sure how easy it
would be to get people to donate on those platforms unless they
already know about the project anyway (in which case you wouldn't need
the brand name platform).