[lit-ideas] Re: the bombing blues

  • From: Eric Yost <Mr.Eric.Yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:51:06 -0400

A.A. If Bush hadn't invaded, there would be no insurgency.

Eric: Can't agree, Andy. The pundits tirelessly point out that 9/11 happened before any invasion occurred. It's also reported that (1) a significant amount of the insurgents in Iraq are foreign fighters recruited by international networks, and (2) the Iraqi-born insurgents receive significant support from Iran.

If you mean that Saddam would have kept up mass executions of revolutionaries within his authoritarian state had we not ousted him, I will agree to that. Yet that's a lot like saying World War II wouldn't have happened if all nations supported Hitler and Tojo.

Eric