[lit-ideas] Re: the bombing blues

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:51:22 -0700

Let's assume 50 per year. Since 1999 (when they begin planning 9.11), that's
300 terrorists.

Clearly, that's wrong. I seriously doubt there's even five in the USA.

Last month, a father and son in California were arrested for attending a madras in Pakistan. That's ALL the FBI/CIA/NSA/DOT/FCC/whatever could find. And they would LOVE to find more, to prove they're doing something.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 7/8/2005 12:25:45 PM

> According to Lou Dobbs' (CNN) Broken Borders, 1% of illegals coming
into the U.S. through
> Mexico are estimated to be terrorists.

"The population of illegal aliens surged to more than 10 million last
year, according to a
new study from the Pew Hispanic Center, representing about one-third of
the foreign-born
population in the United States. Nearly 6 million illegal aliens are
Mexican, the center
says, and about 80 percent to 85 percent of the migration from Mexico in
recent years has
been undocumented. Another 2.5 million are from other Latin American
countries."

The Mexicans move unimpeded through the border, back and forth to work,
visit family, and so
on. If there are six million illegal Mexicans in the USA, then perhaps
500,000 pass over the
border each year. 1% would be 5,000. That's completely absurd; there
aren't 5,000 Islamic
terrorists in the USA (however, there are easily several hundred thousand
fanatic homegrown
rightwing gun nuts in the US).

A.A. Let's assume he meant 1% of another figure, and only 50 terrorists
sneak over border every year.  It doesn't make me feel much better.  Sneak
should be in quotation marks.  The illegals simply walk across the border
in spots, single file, no questions asked.  The Lou Dobbs Show has
broadcast videos of it.  It's hard to imagine al Qaeda and others not
exploiting this.  Like the man says, 85% of the migration from Mexico is
undocumented.

Andy Amago

yrs,
andreas