[lit-ideas] Re: the bombing blues

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:25:13 -0400

A.A. If Bush hadn't invaded, there would be no insurgency.  If someone came
to your apartment and decided you didn't eat right and started cleaning out
your refrigerator, I imagine you wouldn't be too thrilled.  If they settled
in on your couch and began redecorating your kitchen, you'd be even less
thrilled. Likewise Bush took it upon himself to save Iraq, or that's excuse
#4 on the list for why he invaded.  Bush stuck his face into another
country's business and he got his nose bitten off, but he should take no
responsibility for what happened.  This is an extension of the way Bush
lived his life, which is to do whatever he wanted while others covered up
for him.  Now that he's president, he made a mess, but others are blamed.
Actually, you got your wish.  Far from criticizing Bush for his stupidity,
Iraq is becoming a fixture in the background.  It's hardly mentioned on the
media anymore.  Bush once again is not responsible for his actions.

Andy Amago