[lit-ideas] Re: the bombing blues

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:41:57 -0700

The government held huge news conferences to announce a major blow to
terrorists.

But later that day, a few reporters got copies of the actual indictments. Minor
stuff.

You get the feeling that this is all they could find. Islamic dad-and-Lad go summer camping in Pakistan.

I seriously doubt there are any big fish. Bin Laden himself is summer camping in Pakistan and nothing has happened to him yet.

The London bombing are noticable for several things:

- The Madrid bombing killed about 200 people. It was only 50 in London. Whomever did this was unable to do more damage, which means it was a small group with very limited ability.

- This is the third action (if indeed it was Islamic fundamentalists) in four years and only the seond since 9.11. Clearly, al Qaeda is not very active.

- They used explosives, not biological or nuclear weapons.

- It's a good guess as to who did this. I've heard from various people that it could be the IRA, factions of Islamic fundamentalists, the Russian Mafia, and (repeatedly) the Bush White House.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>