[lit-ideas] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:00:50 -0400

Reminds me of Patty Duke in that Helen Keller story...her breakthrough came because of her grasp (can you grasp water?) that water and the word water were the same. Well, not exactly, but something about this reminded me.

Ursula
sitting between the falling water outside her window and the word water on her screen...

palma wrote:
this is purely a remark. some people apparently are strangely obsessed by a word fetish, i.e. a question about water turns out to be a question about the English word "water". The whole thing is funny since water is not composed by letters, and "water" is not made of hydrogen, etc. sometime I just wonder what the point is of fetish, I have to reead Kfraft-Ebbing & Freud, such a tiring issue....