[lit-ideas] Re: Where politics hits the grass

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 02:05:37 -0500

>> an approved method and is suggested whenever one of the dog lists I'm on cycles back to How to Stop a Dog Fight

Wish I had known that. I had to kill a pit bull to save my dog. It was traumatic, and even reading this post brings back the bad memories.

What I find curious is the reversal of combat trauma stereotypes: when I think of dog fights, I feel compelled to go on and on about my fight with the pit bull; whereas people who've been to real hells like Pacific island combat tend to clam up.

Oh well, time to re-read DH Lawrence's "Reflections Concerning the Death of a Porcupine," while ignoring the racist bits.

Eric