[lit-ideas] Re: Where politics hits the grass

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:05:05 -0500

> Perhaps I might move the discussion along by asking, after instructing
Paul
> that if he's a Brit he should stiffen the sinew and decide for himself how
> many commas he wants to have,

Oh I will and I will continue to use however, many, I, like. I just left it
open for you two, DNA-on-record, 'real' brits to argue about it, since you
were a few days ago. You know, sort of linking it like back by referencing
something to lighten the mood in the 100 acre wood.

One of my favourite quotes:

"When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find
sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite
different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at
it." (AAMilne)

This is how I often feel when I read what I've written, especially after
other bears with somewhat bigger brains respond.