[lit-ideas] Re: Where politics hits the grass

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:30:12 -0800

On Nov 7, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Paul Stone wrote:

Thanks goodness I'm busy this afternoon.

bye bye now,
whistling while I work,

I once helped break up a fight between a Weimar Reiner and a Doberman. The Doberman had had the early going, but the Weimar Reiner, with advantages of mass, power and guile, seized the Doberman by the throat and began to work its jaws. For the Doberman to have any chance at life, intervention would be necessary, so on the count of three, a friend and I each grabbed a set of back legs, and lifted. The improvised trick worked fine. I have since wondered if the principle could not be extended, but with people unfortunately, once they get up on their hinds legs, it's really quite a problem knowing where to grab hold.

David Ritchie,
not really as smug as he sounds in
Portland, Oregon