[lit-ideas] Re: Is it just me? (Ain't we got fun)

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:26:49 -0500

Surely somewhere here there's a space for this old joke (which I probably got from DRitchie in the first place)...

What do the Scots do when it gets cold?
Huddle round a candle...

What do they do when it gets REALLY cold?
Light the candle...

Here in North Bay it's -5% C. Unlike Paul,who lives a few hundred k south of me, I have worn my winter coat twice this year. But still, that's entirely unusual for my winters. I can not remember any such in the 30+ years I've lived in North Bay. IT'S JANUARY 18TH AND I'VE ONLY WORN MY WINTER BOOTS ONCE....WHAT IS GOING ON?

Ursula