[lit-ideas] Re: Boeing and the Aviation Market

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:34:37 -0500

>> Hearty cheers ring out from across the pond. There is common ground. There's a starting line.

There always was a starting line. Mike said I should join "us" at one point and it flummoxed me. Why would he think I wasn't part of "us"?

Just because I tend to support nationalism over globalism, strong military action combined with strong diplomacy, and effective counterterrorism programs?

Just for that? Little nitpicky, isn't it? I also support ramping up access to all levels of education, health care reform, and an end to corporate offshoring and tax sheltering. I see no problem with abortion as a choice, employer-or government-sponsored daycare, civil unions between gays, and maintaining inheritance (death) tax penalties for large estates. Some illicit drugs should be legalized and churches that tout politics should be taxed. Gun laws should be tightened so that nutjobs in barbwire-enclosed desert compounds have a harder time getting Anti-Personnel Obstacle Breaching Systems (APOBS) and crates full of ArmaLite AR-18s. Barbara Streisand should be taxed just because she is Barbara Streisand.

As a nationalist, I think we should treat our citizens as well as we can, and treat our enemies as harshly as we can.