[lit-ideas] Re: Is it just me? (Ain't we got fun)

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:50:09 -0500

>>It's about -7 C here today. Nice and crisp.

I start to have fun when it gets below 12 F with a string wind. Nothing like hiking along a mountain ridge in that weather, the numb face, frosty breath condensing to ice on one's hood, the cold leaking through one's boots. Some genetic switch gets tripped in me, and the mind becomes clearer and the metabolism goes into overdrive. Absolutely love it!