[lit-ideas] Re: Is it just me? (Ain't we got fun)

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:08:59 -0500

At 05:01 PM 1/18/2007, you wrote:
I'm starting to understand why my brother moved to NY and loves it. Me? Take me to a dry warm climate please! (I've conjectured for years that the males who love the cold/ice/snow/jumping in freezing waters are primarily operating an a hormone-induced macho-complex; man against nature.)

Then how do you explain my same love for riding a bike hard for 3 hours in 100 degree weather ... which hormone induces that crazy behavour, probably the same one right? When it comes right down to it, I'm pretty comfy in all types of weather and that's probably because here, we can go from less than 0 to 110 F throughout the change of seasons. I think it makes this thing called life interesting . I think I'd kill myself if I lived in a place that had the same weather every day. Or at least move...

going home now through the string winds,

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada