[lit-ideas] Re: Is it any wonder...

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 17:28:39 -0700

David Ritchie wrote:

By this line of reasoning, and if my co-chair is willing, I propose we re-enact the Battle of Hastings some time this July or August...on Robert Paul's Roccoco view patio. Drag will be optional. This gathering could be in lieu of the First Annual Lit-Ideas tax-deductible International Conference, which seems to have gorn orff, along with its original proposer.

It's up to you guys, but I'd suggest that the part of Harold II be rewritten. Maybe he only fakes death and makes his way to the Highlands (or the Lowlands, as I said, it's up to you) where he marries a Highland (or Lowland) lass and spends his days composing the last Anglo-Saxon epic and breeding sheep.

A further thought: the sheep could stand in for the horses in the Norman cavalry. The savings could go to the First Annual International Conference entertainment budget.

Robert Paul
Director of Special Events
Mutton College