[lit-ideas] Re: Is it any wonder...

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 09:22:51 -0700

Of course there's no particular need for battle reenactors to stay true to location, timing or even costume. See, for example:

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/batley.htm

By this line of reasoning, and if my co-chair is willing, I propose we re-enact the Battle of Hastings some time this July or August...on Robert Paul's Roccoco view patio. Drag will be optional. This gathering could be in lieu of the First Annual Lit-Ideas tax-deductible International Conference, which seems to have gorn orff, along with its original proposer.

Maybe that's unjust. Maybe Erin's long silence is due to her feverish work on the conference's local arrangements committee? Maybe this is why Paul's first gig was last week...warming up for the big event? Maybe this is why Omar is wrestling with bears? Maybe this is what someone really whispered into George's ear on September 11, "Psst, there's going to be a Lit-Ideas conference in 2006."

No wonder he looked stunned.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon