[lit-ideas] Is it any wonder...

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 17:25:58 +0100

[Michel Chossudovsky] is an active member of the anti-war movement in Canada, and has been involved in the propagation of preposterous conspiracy" theories" regarding the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Ignoring for the moment the veracity or otherwise of Mr Chussodovsky, is it any wonder that there are conspiracy theories about 9/11 considering the extensive list of wierd absences and coincidences involved, let alone the 'opportunities' that it offered.

Without 9/11 the Bush Administration wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, it wouldn't have instituted the Patriot Act, it wouldn't have been able to increase the Defen[s]e Budget to the extent it has. And without 9/11 we wouldn't have experienced the growing anti-European agenda, the growing propaganda campaign against Islam (as opposed to the terrorists), arguably, we wouldn't see the clamour for restricting illegal immigration.

In short, 9/11 has enabled the Bush administration to advance its own agenda to a degree that wouldn't have been possible without it.

Is it any wonder...

Simon

PS Welcome back Eric!