[lit-ideas] Re: Iran outraged by Hollywood war epic

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:57:28 -0000

LH>My impression is that if some European nation had let a movie
like this slip through their LH>censors and make it to the
theatres, the president of that nation along with his entire
cabinet LH>accompanied by the parliament would apologize to the
nearest imam with abject contrition

you're joking, of course.

Julie, reviews here have varied; I can't find the one I wanted to
link to,
here's a brief Guardian blog piece with some vox pop

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/film/2007/03/300.html

(I think if I were Iranian I'd be a little annoyed by the
movie -- if one of the reviews
is correct)

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK