[lit-ideas] Re: Iran outraged by Hollywood war epic

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:59:28 EDT

I haven't seen the film, nor do I wish to, however it has been in the news
prominently the last few days.  Critics hated it, gave very low  marks.
However it seems to have surprised them by doing fabulously well a  the box
office.
There seem to be two groups of people noting the war  line.  One sees it as a
slam against Bush.  The other as a support of  Bush's policies.  I'm
imagining that the controversy has done much to  produce the box office effect.

Julie Krueger
http://www.aol.com.