[lit-ideas] Re: Homeland Security

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:21:37 EDT

Did anyone else hear the piece on NPR the other day announcing that it was
the Govt's intention to make it a misdemeanor for a Dr. to give a flu shot to
someone who is not in the high-risk group?  I only heard a fragment....I
would love the gap filled in.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Homeland Security
 Date: 10/20/04 7:01:14 PM Central Daylight Time  From:
_judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Thursday, October 21, 2004, 12:28:54 AM,  Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx wrote:

Eac> Hi,
Eac> Well, someone is  monitoring our conversations <g>

Echelon.  They've probably  added "flu" to the key words..

Eac> as the local Red   Cross
Eac> chapter here which I so glowing reported on has had the CDC  come in and
 take one
Eac> of their shipments from  them.

Disgraceful.

Eac> potentially a panic here,  too.  (especially if this gets out...)  Our
Red Cross  not
Eac> only planned for what they have typically done, but also an  extra  20%
or
Eac> so--

I was wondering about that: my doctors  have almost always had enough
vaccine for anybody who wants it, not just the  "at risk" groups.

Eac> but to have someone from DC sweep in and  take it away was a bit much.
(The
Eac> 'feds' they called them to my  programmer...)  The Red Cross is trying
to figure
Eac> out what  to do to replace it before they have to cancel any clinics.

Tell the NYT  is what to do...

Eac> is going somewhere else...well, if we are  supposed to be  doing
healthcare in
Eac> a capitalistic sort of way,  then why are we not doing  so?

Interesting, isn't it?

(Did  you put another Kerry/Edwards sign up?  Here we put posters in
our front  windows -- that could be a bit scary over there now...

--
Judy  Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx