[lit-ideas] Re: Homeland Security

  • From: Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Paul)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 20 Oct 2004 14:41:12 PDT

Went to the CDC web page to see if they were holding a flu vaccine lottery. They
weren't (just another Department of Health rumor) but I did find a contact
number, which I called.

I said, 'Secretary Thompson says that we should call the CDC about the
availability of flu vaccine--so, I'm calling you.'

I was transferred to someone who said (these are her actual words): 'There's
going to be some more vaccine in basically three or four weeks, maybe more, so
just be patient and wait, OK?'

I said I was sorry to have disturbed her.

Robert Paul
Reed College