[lit-ideas] Re: Homeland Security

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:35:43 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Oct 20, 2004 6:23 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Homeland Security

Would it follow that if we get the flu and die, then it's because that's our
destiny?
> Andy

ck: By this reasoning, medical intervention would be against the will of
God.

A.A. Correct.  If God can tell a woman whether to get an abortion, why
shouldn't he also regulate the flu?  Death is guaranteed.

C.K. But since we have a capitalistic system of medical care in this
country, only poor people are encouraged to be godly.

A.A.  The poor and increasingly the middle class.  Personally, I think most
disease is preventable with the right diet, exercise, and seat belts.

C.K. For once I'm glad I'm
allergic to eggs and can't take flu shots, even when they're from Canada.

A.A. I'm not allergic, but I've never had a flu shot.  Didn't intend to get one
this year either.

Andy Amago

Best,
Carol K.,