[lit-ideas] Re: Hitchens' Hypothetical Iraq War

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:23:26 -0800

From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

You are only presenting the anti-American reasons why Saddam
should have been left alone.

Lawrence, you are going to deeply regret those words.

As I said, on your recommendation, I read Fukuyama's End of History last week. It is a work of neoconservative theory that explains the condition of the world, the preceding 70 years of US and global politics, and offers a framework for the future of US policy.

It's a dismal book. It lays out the neocon ideas: what they really think of democracy, government, peace, and war.

Yes, Lawrence, anyone who disagrees with you and Fukuyama and the neocons is precisely that: anti-American. Your small crowd are the only True Patriots. Everyone else is a traitor.

And now, the neocons are in disarray. Their darling little war has turned into the biggest fiasco in American history. The neocons are attacking each other, trying to assign the blame. Fukuyama is calling for a return to theory. More theory, a deeper theory, to continue the agenda.

But everyone else is anti-American. That's precisely the main point of Fukuyama: Americans are un-American.

yrs,
andreas