[lit-ideas] Re: Here's a new spin on preventative medicine

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:47:58 -0700 (PDT)

I've been thinking about this post below, and have decided that I need to take
some time off from posting on this list.&nbsp; I'd like to thank you all for
listening to my no doubt misdirected rants and I'd like to&nbsp;wish you all a
nice summer.&nbsp; I just thought I'd mention that the Seekers took their
melody for the Carnival is Over from the song Stenka Rasin.&nbsp; I've pasted
the only link Youtube seems to have.&nbsp; The fact that it's from their
farewell concert is sheer coincidence.&nbsp; The words from S.R. superimpose
perfectly but&nbsp;needless to say the Carnival is Over is not S.R.&nbsp; I
listened today to, talk about a rant, Marshall Goldman carrying on about
Petrostate Russia.&nbsp; The U.S. does exactly the same things they do (our
Veep is straight out of industry, etc. etc.), but that's different.&nbsp; It's
so sad that he spends his life studying something that he can't find one good
thing to say about.&nbsp; Why not find another
 country to study?&nbsp; Anyway, no Persian princesses being thrown overboard
here (BTW, Iranian beluga&nbsp;caviar is golden today because beluga sturgeons
rescued the princess and brought her home):
&nbsp;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nze8B39OB0k

Here is a musical tango version of S.R., put your dancing shoes on; the writing
on the record is Polish from what I can tell:
&nbsp;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN-tNwcJosg&amp;NR=1
&nbsp;
Then pour a nice drink and try a jazzy, pretty&nbsp;version of Dark Eyes (Ochi
Chernye):
&nbsp;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itbJkf74z24
&nbsp;