[lit-ideas] Re: Here's a new spin on preventative medicine

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 21:23:43 -0500

JK (quoting Bush):
"It means that doctors are practicing what they call preventative medicine."

In the HVAC/R world there's Preventive Maintenance and there's Preventative
Maintenance.  I ally myself and my company with the Preventive Maintenance
School of Maintenance.  I plan to incorporate preventivity into our corporate
Mission just as soon as I incorporate.  Why complicate things, I ask.  Speak
plain and charge straight.  The Preventative Maintenance School of Maintenance
has pazazz on it's side, no doubt.  They have sexy chicks in bikinis sitting on
ice cubes in their ads, yes, yes.  They make themselves sound so important and
knowledgeable and they charge twice as much just for the "ta".  And the people
love it.  "Do you do Preventative Maintenance?" they ask me.  "Hell no!" I
snarl at them.  "I work for a living."  "Oh, to bad," they say and hang up.

You may have guessed: I hate the word 'preventative'.  Glad to know Bush uses
it.

Atlas
"I cool hot boxes"
 Memphis