[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 11:25:15 -0500

Andreas Ramos wrote:

What's more likely:
1) that a very organized, nefarious US Government faction -- the members of
which who had inside access to the buildings, planes, airports involved --
organized it
OR
2) 19 inept terrorists did?

I've been thinking about this, and one of the HUGE HUGE problems I have is exactly about this question. Unfortunately, I can't avoid the conclusion that 19 inept terrorists indeed DID do all of this. Unfortunately, that means 19 inept terrorists have more organizational ability than the U.S. Government. I think that 19 inetp terrorists would probably have done a better job at organizing the cleanup after Katrina as well, unfortunately. Equally unfortunately, all of the resources of the U.S. Government has been no match for a sick caveman (bin Laden). Finally the U.S. Government is currently so stupid and foolish that it's gotten itself stuck in a part of the world that it now realizes will be harmful to everyone involved, no matter what it does from here on out.

I really REALLY WISH all these conspiracy theories were true; the alternative view of how utterly stupid the U.S. Government is, would be far worse to live with. Unfortunately, I think we have to live with the truth.