[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:26:43 -0700

The sentence jumped out at you?  Where did it jump from?  No never mind.
Suffice it to say that there has been from the days of the enlightenment a
predilection in the church to accept literal meanings of the text over
scientific advancement.  This is nothing new.  This is not a great leap
backward.

Suicide-mass murder by jihadis?  Suicide-mass murder is their middle name.
You should read Martin Amis article.

How many rights have you lost, Irene?  Feel a bit like living in a Gulag,
does it?

But if you find yourself going down the tubes, grab hold of that little
handle on that porcelain thingy and pull real hard.

Lawrence

  _____