[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:01:42 EDT

Going through old mail.  For what it's not worth, ever since a few  days
after 9/11m reading books by survivors and rescue workers, transcripts, and
website accounts, I have been convinced that there was complicity w/ the  WH.

Julie Krueger
sounding nuts, I know

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago
Date: 9/11/2006 2:26:27 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 02:45 PM 9/11/2006, you wrote:
>Andreas  Ramos wrote:
>
>>What are your thoughts on five years  ago?

Here's a contrast I can't get my mind around.

On  9/11/01:

Millions of people couldn't imagine ANY explanation other than  "those
goddamned islamic terrorists!" It seemed like it was a natural  progression
-- the logical conclusion, and it was the ONLY  explanation.

On 9/11/06:

A significant portion of the free world,  as well as more than "just some
nutjob conspiracy theorists" in the USA are  _entertaining_ the possibility
that there might BE AN explanation other than  "those goddamned islamic
terrorists!"

Without unfairly lumping Mr.  Wager with me, I will lump myself with him as
I second his confusion and  consternation at how MUCH we can do and how
LITTLE we can do in the same  period.

Never has there been a more expeditious disaster cleanup than  9/11.
Never has there been a more disastrous one than after  Katrina.

Concentrated search: Saddam.
LESS concentrated search:  Osama.

I guess it all depends on where your priorities are.

The  fact that intelligent, rational people are even entertaining the
possibilities -- what else can we do when NO explanations are given for
such incongruity of government concentration -- is troubling. Hey, that
reminds me, where is that Pentagon footage -- which , if it shows a plane
clearly hitting the building would put the WHOLE issue to rest -- that was
supposed to be released?

No matter how you slice it, the events of  9/11 WERE the result of a
carefully orchestrated AND "successful"  conspiracy. What's more likely:

1) that a very organized, nefarious US  Government faction -- the members of
which who had inside access to the  buildings, planes, airports involved --
organized it

OR

2) 19  inept terrorists did?

I'd love it if there were satisfactory answers  given to the dozens of
unanswered questions about 9/11. The fact that they  continually  are NOT
supplied must lead one to think that the reason  there is a lack of supply
is that the actual answers would implicate the  "good" people and exculpate
the "bad" people. At the very least, there must  be evidence of complicity,
co-operation or inaction.

trying not to  sound loony, but probably failing

Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada