[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:57:33 -0400

"The thing about Qutb and the suicide attacks is that he took the Jihad into
new regions."

No, we took Jihad into new regions.  Before Iraq Jihad was something a few
fanatics believed in, I forget the numbers, something like one in 10,000.
After Iraq, Jihad recruitment is something like 100 out of 10,000.  Still
small, but still 100 times bigger, and growing.