[lit-ideas] Re: Five Years Ago

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:10:58 -0500

What is it about Mexicans that so scares the shit out of you? I've never understood your paranoia. Are Mexicans taking over the Hudson River Valley? Are property values dropping? Do none of the store clerks speak English up there anymore? Are they holding festivals to Saints you've never heard of? Is the sound of Mariachi bands driving you crazy, are you sick of the smell of tamales? What is it with you? Would you be so up in arms if the Russians were coming?

Mike Geary
preferring Mexicans to Midwesterners.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 9/13/2006 4:11:40 PM

Ursula: As for the Islamic variety, maybe other people's business is other people's business.

Eric: If the Islamofascists kept their business to
themselves, it wouldn't be our business. Plus the implied
enemy-of-my-enemy strategy usually means that one falls when
the enemy-of-my-enemy falls.

It's curious that you don't see what we've made it our business to do in the Middle East. Changing the subject, today's Lou Dobb's Broken Borders reported on a massive marijuana drug raid in deeply wooded areas on the Oregon/California border. It's a Mexican drug cartel, thought to be in other secluded areas in the U.S. as well. Tens of millions of dollars in street value. Obviously not all illegals are here just to work.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/09/06/MNG77L01HA1.DTL

Forget the Colombians.  It's now Mexican cartels that are doing the drugs:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0816/p01s03-woam.html