[lit-ideas] Re: Arrivederci, Mr. Bush...

  • From: John Wager <johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:16:53 -0600

Andy Amago wrote:

>It's why I was so depressed when Bush was voted in.  A war mongering
>president whose guide and mentor is Jesus Christ ...

It's no worse than when a Quaker president led the U.S. through the
worst part of the Vietnam war....

No, I do NOT want to start a discussion of Quakers and Catholics and
Protestants and religion in general.  But I did want to ask the
rhetorical question of whether religion has CAUSED problems in people
who otherwise would have been sane, rational, and caring, or whether
religion has at least softened people who otherwise would have been even
more insane, irrational, and uncaring.