[lit-ideas] Re: Arrivederci, Mr. Bush...

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:50:24 -0600

EY:
> At least the West isn't energized by Christianity any more....
> and Western power just
> uses the American faithful as a voting bloc. The West may not be urged
> by beautiful and happy motives, but at least we don't stake our claim in
> a psychotic other world confabulated by schizoid desert madmen.

Come down South for a visit.  You'll go home a changed and fearful man.  As
Robert Paul says, it's "a scary place".  But hell, you don't have to come
all the way down here, just go to Ohio.  You'll probably understand what
they're saying better anyway.  It used to be all about niggers, now it's all
about queers.  Down here though, it's still about both.  And owning guns.
Gotta be able to stop the niggers and the queers, you know.  I'm sorry to
say that I just don't think we're one whit saner or wiser or better than
anyone else in the world.  The West is still energized by Christianity --
not as much as during the Middle Ages, I'll grant you, but in addition to
Christianity there's the ever present religion of Greed which has joined in
partnership with Christianity.  Christianity with money, oh shit!  In a
Kramerized world that doesn't matter, we gotta the biggest bomb, we make-a
the rules, but in an attempt to preserve the world for just a few more
generations, I think certain assumptions should be examined, among them our
wisdom and goodness of heart.

Michele Gearino
Napoli