[lit-ideas] Re: Arrivederci, Mr. Bush...

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:40:36 -0500

>And it is still more ridiculous again to compare US government use of
>nuclear weapons with use by terrorist groups. If you want to compare the
>likelihood of al-Qaeda's use of nuclear weapons to anything, compare it
>to the likelihood of the Rotary Club's detonating a rogue nuke in Riyadh.

I think we need to add "unless the rotary club was bombed first".

One of the things that make it SOOO important to keep nukes out of these
maniac's hands is that, as we have seen in the past 3 1/2 years since 9/11,
there's NO one THING to strike back at. So... if AQ somehow managed to nuke
a city in the US, what would they do? I mean what would they REALLY do?
Short of nuking the ENTIRE Middle East and large parts of many other
countries [you know, to make sure they get ALL OF THEM], what is their
plan? Do they have one? What IS the strategic position taken in that
particular scenario. [my attempt at the political parlance].

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada