[lit-ideas] Re: Arrivederci, Mr. Bush...

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:16:54 -0500

I guess what WOULD happen if some terrorists did get some bombs off
successfully is -- NOTHING -- precisely because of the reasons you gave
-- because we would HAVE to stay SANE in the face of such adversity or,
to paraphrase James Douglas Morrison, "the whole shithouse is gonna go
up in flames."

_____

Unless a terror strike took out all the top US leadership and left a
lower-level official in charge--somebody from the Rapture crowd serving
as Undersecretary of Agriculture for example--who thought it better to
end the whole thing than continue with "God's nation" so crippled.

Plus there's the notion that other nuclear nations, fearing our
retaliation, would try to pre-empt us in an attack.

Eric