[lit-ideas] Re: Arrivederci, Mr. Bush...

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:12:58 -0500

Andy: What happened to the United States I grew up in?  I don't
recognize this country anymore.  Has it always been this way and I just
never noticed? Like Enron, the collapse didn't happen overnight.  The
seeds were sown much earlier, but when?

____

Reagan's first term. Busting PATCO union. Next stage was the
transformation of CEOs into celebrities. Stage after that was NAFTA and
GATT. Clinton signing away rights to privacy in his Drug War Bill.
Failure to stop WTO. Bush grabbing the 2000 election. Post-9/11 martial
law and Patriot Act.

My highlights may differ from yours, but I share your sentiments.