[lit-ideas] Re: A Revolution in the USA?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:37:03 -0400

Most people fend off bogey men and imaginary monsters, you're right.  That's
why the world is such a mess.  Most people includes the vaunted leadership of
the world, including of the U.S.  We want them to be better, to know more, to
show us the way, and they can't.  It takes an adult to look at reality, and
inner children run the world, hardly any adults at all.  So you're right,
reality is definitely a problem.

Date:8/14/06 10:30:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time
From:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent on:

Guns and butter while cutting taxes and, did you see Lou Dobbs tonight?
Throwing away and/or "misappropriating", as in making disappear, tens of
billions of dollars out of the treasury.  Billions of dollars that can't be
accounted for.  How do you intend to pay for guns *and* butter with a
colossal trade deficit and tax cuts for the top 1% that has 35% of the
wealth of this country?  Does reality ever get in your way?