[lit-ideas] Re: A Revolution in the USA?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:23:59 -0400

Eric, I seem to recall that you supported the invasion of Iraq very
energetically.  Your opinions clearly are not extremely factually based.
In fact, your opinions are wishful thinking and nothing more.  But, since
we're wishfully thinking, what would you have done if you were president of
the U.S. when the Shah was being deposed?  Would you have sent in American
troops to squelch the Revolution in Iran?  Did you know, BTW, that by 1988
U.S. subsidies to Iraq approached $1 billion per year?  Let's not even
mention that Reagan sold arms to Iran, the Iran contra scandal.  But,
getting back to the subject, if you were Carter, what would you have done?
Also, it was Bush who turned a blind eye to al Qaeda and their growth when
he started chasing Saddam.  Them's Republicans did that.  In fact, them's
you who encouraged forgetting about al Qaeda and going after WMD that
didn't exist.  Is it simply easier to blame someone else for your
miscalculations?