[lit-ideas] Re: A Revolution in the USA?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:41:57 -0400

> Republicans will give us an Iraqi civil war. Democrats will give us the Iran Hostage Crisis and turn a blind eye to the growth of al-Qaeda. Some choice, eh?

John: Between a war that has devasted a nation and killed 100,000 people or so so far and a diplomatic contretemps that killed no one (unless perhaps someone was killed when the helicopters involved in the abortive "rescue" crashed). I'd say the choice is pretty clear.

Well of course you would. You're a partisan Democrat. To call Carter's series of massive screwups a "diplomatic contretemps" is to ignore the consequences of the Iranian Revolution, which include the present conflict between the Hez and Israel.