[lit-ideas] Re: A Revolution in the USA?

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:22:05 +0100

"Morris Berman sounds a little bit about another anti-American other-worldly
anti-technology, high I-Q'd former Berkeley professor by the name of Ted
Kaczynski."

Indeed, providing you read the views of a rabid right wing reviewer. His only
other Amazon review was on the book: The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy.... bluh
bluh...

Incidentally, why is this political separation only happening in America. Why
are 'left wing' and 'liberal' insults only in America. It does make me laugh
sometimes when Lawrence calls list members leftists and liberals as though he's
seriously castigating them (and me) for crimes too repugnant for words. And yet
I'm happy to hold up my hand and say (with a small voice) 'hey, I'm left
wing...is it so bad'.

Well it seems it is in America. Why is that?

Simon