[lit-ideas] Re: A Revolution in the USA?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:45:16 EDT

Canada has no mosquitos?

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: A Revolution in
the USA?  Date: 8/14/06 6:33:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_hwishart@xxxxxxxx (mailto:hwishart@xxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There are no mosquitoes  in the garden in  Canada.  It's quite perfect - like
the Walgreen's country.

I  can't sit out in my garden (what a misnomer that is) because noone has
laid  finger to it for two months. The grass in the yard is two feet high and
I'm  sure cabals of snakes live in it.  The retreiver refuses (unbelievable)
to chase a ball - probably getting cautionary whispers in her ears from the
ghost of the golden that was bitten by the cottonmouth.

Before I left  for Canada I buried vegetable waste in the flower beds. Over
the summer  whatever veggie seeds were mixed in with the refuse sprouted. I
have a 24  foot squash vine trailing over the roof of the porch - all those
little  tendrils making holes in the screen mesh.  Potatoes, tomatoes, all
kinds of unrecognizable plant life smothering the gardenias.  It's like  a
horror movie.  And it's too hot and humid to bend over and yank  anything out
without fainting.

off to another class to foment a  revolution- unfortunately that means going
outside and walking - but I see  the  temperature has dropped to a balmy 91.
I should put paramedics on  speed dial.

Helen A Wishart
wishing her office was next door to  her classroom