[lit-ideas] Re: 3 SUICIDES AT GUANTANAMO

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:30:29 +0100

"...we could bring them here, try them, and execute those convicted of being 'enemy combatants.'"

Well Eric, you certainly brought them there, but as yet you haven't tried them. Does that make suicide the only viable option since you don't seem to want to go to the hassle of convening any kind of tribunal.

In an earlier post you suggested following the example of Kruschev. Was that, I wonder, a tacit acceptance of where the US government is heading?

And are you happy with that?

Simon