[lit-ideas] Re: 21. century European anti-Semitism

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:04:21 +0100

I wonder though if you could elaborate on the idea of
'violent communities.' Are the actions of terrorists
necessarily representative of the character of the
communities they come from ? Are they more so than the
actions of governments in presumably or actually
democratic societies ?

These are interesting points that merit scrutiny.  -- You may think your
questions mainly rhetorical, Omar, I do not. Political cultures differ
markedly. It is wrong to stereotype individuals to their detriment
therefore, but, foolish to disregard (for example) differing cultural
notions of honour.

Judy Evans
jaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx