[lit-ideas] Re: 21. century European anti-Semitism

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:04:40 +0900

On 2004/04/19, at 15:32, Scribe1865@xxxxxxx wrote:

> ____
> I was thinking in terms of human casualties.

Seems to me about the same scale, i.e.,

"The United States sustained 3,435  casualties and loss or severe
damage to 188 aircraft, eight  battle ships, three light cruisers, and
four other vessels.  The Pearl Harbor attack brought the United States
into World  War II and gave Americans a personal stake in the war."

Source: http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/exhibits/pearl/pearl.htm

And in terms of consequences to date, there is, as yet, no comparison.

John L. McCreery
International Vice Chair, Democrats Abroad

Tel 81-45-314-9324
Email mccreery@xxxxxxx