[Linux-Anyway] Re: 19" CRT Monitor setup in SW9.1

  • From: John Richard Smith <BAGSOFCHOICE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:31:25 +0000

As an addendum to SW9.1 and xf86config and xvidtune.

Last night I installed SW10.0 on a spare partition along side SW9.1.

When I came to reset the monitor, screen, and video card settings
for best performance with my new 19" CRT I found to my
chargrin things have changed.

First off, no /etc/X11/xf86config
replaced with,  /etc/X11/xorg.conf

though not exactly that different in layout to the former.

then I could not run the two utilities
xf86conf  or xvidtune
they don't seem to exist, at least
not on my installation, maybe I missed something
when I sellected the packages for installation.

So armed with the gained knowledge I resorted
to midnight commander and I did the job
manually. All seems OK though.

I just wonder what SW use now to set up the
screens on their latest distros. I didn't see
anything on their website last time I looked,
which is not that long ago.

They must have something ?

John