[Linux-Anyway] Re: 19" CRT Monitor setup in SW9.1

  • From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 22:36:19 +0100

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 22:26:54 +0100, Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've adopted a dirty trick: since I always have a knoppix cd on me, I
> just shove it in, mount the partition where /etc is located read-write,
> and then copy the XFconfig from knoppix' /etc to, say,
> /mnt/hda5/etc/X11.

Good point.

Also worthy of note is that Xorg will use /etc/X11/XF86Config if it's
present and that it's *almost* compatible. I copied the XF86Config from my
Slackware/XFree86 setup to the FreeBSD/Xorg setup and all worked fine except
for the mouse. Apparently, if you have an Intellimouse you need to specify
"Auto" as the mouse protocol instead of "IMPS/2".

--
BOFH excuse #170:

popper unable to process jumbo kernel